This year the Health and Safety Authority (HSA) will carry out three initiatives in quarries as follows:
- Crushing and Screening (Mobile and Fixed Crushers) – Inspections from March – May 2019;
- Quarry Faces & Prevention of Falling and Drowning – Inspections in June 2019;
- Vehicle Mobile Plant and Pedestrian Safety – Inspections in September 2019 (Quarry Safety Week).
In order to assist the industry to prepare for these inspections, the HSA with input from the ICF Health & Safety Committee, have developed checklists for members.
There will be two joint ICF / HSA workshops in February to assist members prepare for these inspections. In addition, copies of the inspection checklists will also be disseminated at each event. It is important that members have representation at these seminars.
The events will take place as follows:
- Monday 25th February 2-5pm – Horse and Jockey Hotel, Co. Tipperary
- Monday 4th March 2-5pm – Hodson Bay Hotel, Athlone.
If you would like to book a place please send an email with the name(s) of the representative(s) from your company that will be in attendance and also which date they will be attending to [email protected]