Two ICF members were among the companies recognised at the Sustainable Development Awards Ceremony, organised by Aggregates Europe – UEPG, that took place on 30 November in the Brussels concert hall ‘La Madeleine’.
Kilsaran International was recognised for excellence in the category of “Operational Best Practice, Process or Product Innovation” while Roadstone was recognised for excellence in the category of “Environmental Best Practice”.
“The European Aggregates Industry is part of the solution”, said Aggregates Europe – UEPG President Antonis Antoniou Latouros at the beginning of the event. Keynote speakers Costas Kadis, Cypriot Minister of Agriculture, Rural Development and Environment and European Parliament Vice-President Rainer Wieland addressed an audience of more than 230 participants from companies, environmental organisations, academia, and European and national authorities.
The jury of distinguished experts comprised of :
- Martin Harper, Regional Director of BirdLife Europe and Central Asia:
- Yuri Bruinen de Bruin, Expert at EU Agency for Safety & Health at Work
- Bernd Lottermoser, Chair in Sustainable Resource Extraction and Director of the Institute of Mineral Resources Engineering at the University of Aachen
- Brenda O’Brien, Official Brussels Representative of the EU Agency for Safety & Health at Work
- Guy Woodford, Journalist for Aggregates Business Europe.